- Don’t worry about when you finish. I’m sure no one has plans after the service.
- Straight Scriptures. No stories. Jesus didn’t teach that way, but you’re a better communicator than Jesus, right?
- Television. Movies. It’s just a phase. People don’t really need visual stimulation. They prefer talking heads.
- Use the same service order…every week…no exceptions…ever.
- Make more announcements.
- Never include the kids….you know kids make evrything boring!
- Talk more about the past and the less about the future.
- Play the same Chris Tomlin song every week. And, try the chorus one more time.
- Use lots of big words that no one uses in normal, everyday life.
- Forget relevant topics and life application. People are really only interested in hearing what you think, not why it matters to them.
Here’s an extra for you…..pray a good long 20 minute prayer with lots of thee’s and thou’s
We are really working at The Journey Church to make our services more exciting/interesting. We struggle with the order of service being different though. It’s so easy to get stuck in that routine. If you’re a member at Journey, expect some shake ups to the order of service soon! We want to become a church that people can’t wait to get to because they are never sure what we’re going to do!