Perry Noble recently posted this and it got me thinking. My thoughts are in bold.
How do you know if you’re vision is from God?
- If you feel confident that you can accomplish what is in front of you with no problem at all…then you didn’t hear from God. If it’s too easy…if God doesn’t have to show up and do something amazing…then you didn’t hear from God.
- If no one is angry at you…then you didn’t hear from God. Especially Church people. Don’t ya just love church people who are so easily offended!?
- If you don’t have to ask anyone to sacrifice to make the vision come true…then you didn’t hear from God. First, are you willing to sacrifice? How about your families security, or a paycheck or a level of comfort?
- If religious people are not steaming at you, blogging about you and/or leaving your church…then you didn’t hear from God. Ah, the principle of blessed subtraction! If you are not on board….please leave!
- If you have the money in the bank to do what God has asked you church to do…then you didn’t hear from God. Probably one of the biggest one to overcome. Big vision, big plans, where’s the money going to come from?
- If every step is perfectly designed and nothing happens to totally throw you off along the way…then you didn’t hear from God. If you have no resistance, no set-backs, then you’re not effective and the devil doesn’t even care about what you’re doing!
- If someone doesn’t try to talk you out of what you are about to attempt…then you didn’t hear from God. I’ve tried to talk many people into coming on board with us, but it’s too easy to be comfortable where they are at.
- If you don’t stay up at night thinking about the vision…then you didn’t hear from God. A shoutout to Robby on this one!
- If your vision is in contradiction to God’s Word…then you didn’t hear from God. (And no, you didn’t get a “special revelation” that gave you permission to trump His Word!) The Lord told me….yeah, sure He did!
- If you know all of the answers…then you didn’t hear from God. You’ve got to be teachable…like play dough in His hands.
This really helped confirm what God has placed in our hearts as the staff of The Journey Church. We experience these things daily. God is up to something, something bigger than we can even dream of. Will you be a part of it?