Got this post from JDGreear.com:
Durham’s N. T. Wright (Durham, England, that is) and UNC’s Bart Ehrman have just concluded a vigorous debate on “the problem of evil” addressed in Ehrman’s new book, God’s Problem. In this book, Ehrman (who was formerly an evangelical, even a youth pastor at a church like the Summit) confesses that the main reason he lost his faith was not supposed contradictions in the Bible but the problem of how there could be a God like the Christian God when there is so much supposedly needless pain in the world.
Who wins the debate? You can decide for yourself.
- Bart Ehrman: How the Problem of Pain Ruined My Faith
- N.T. Wright: God’s Plan to Rescue Us
- Bart Ehrman: What About the Actual Suffering?
- N.T. Wright: What it Looks Like When God Runs the World
- Bart Ehrman: God’s Kingdom Has Not Come
- N.T. Wright: The Bible Does Answer the Problem–Here’s How